Monday, June 23, 2014

The End of What?

     For those of you that do not know, I have been attending Covenant Family Church here in College Station since I moved here about a year and a half ago. I have truly loved getting to hear the Word from such an amazing pastor as well as getting to worship with some of the best people I know. About three months ago I started to volunteer with the youth group at CFC and have been blessed beyond measure since. I currently lead more or less 12 boys ranging from sixth to ninth grade. Every week I get to mentor and hang out with these kids which sometimes can put a lot of pressure on me in a sense that I need to be a perfect role model for them even though that I know this is impossible. Some days I don’t always feel like I want to go to youth because of all the classes I’m taking, but as soon as I get there I am always in awe of the ways God is using these kids to transform my life.
     Yesterday at church I was helping with Revo Jr. (our youth services on Sundays) when one of my students asked me if we could have a message on Revelations. This kind of took me by surprise because most teenagers that I know do not read their bibles, let alone ask to hear a message over a specific chapter like Revelations. This stuck in my mind all day to the point where it was making me really interested in re-reading Revelations and trying to get a better understanding to be able to help this guy. When I went to bed last night I had a horrible nightmare that involved a certain leader, Obama, becoming the antichrist and all sorts of strange things that are talked about in Revelations. Yes, it was a little comedic, but at the same time I was legitimately scared while I was asleep because we are getting closer and closer each day to this chapter being fulfilled.
     2nd Timothy 3:1-5 says “But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.” I do believe that we are near the end of times and that each and every person needs to be doing all in his or her power to spread the news of our Savior. You would not want to pass by a family member or friend and have them have to suffer through hell on Earth because you didn’t want to invite them to church or have a conversation about Jesus with them. I encourage anybody who reads this to ask a friend to church, and if they say no keep asking every week because the time you stop asking could be the time that they need it the most.
     As for my nightmare that I had, I have to remind myself that I do not need to be scared of anything. Yes, bad things are going to happen, but I have Jesus on my side so I don’t have to worry about anything! The book of Psalms is full of versus for not being afraid with Psalm 27:1 being one of my favorites. Who knows, we might have out next blog post over Psalms and fear. Until next time!


Thank you Lord for your blessings on me. I pray that I never take you for granted and that I can continue to grow into the person you want me to be. Help me to become more like you so people can see You in everything I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment