Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I Am Not Alone

Hebrews 13:5 “…for He Himself said, ‘I will never leave you; never will I forsake you.’

Many time in our lives we go through trials that seem almost unfair and we begin to even question God. Why me? Why are You putting me through this? Life already seems hard enough as it is in this new generation. However, we need to know that God has never left us even in His silence. He has always been faithful to each one of us. We are His children, made in His image. Each person is born into this world for a specific reason.  Hebrews 13:5 is a promise from God that He will never leave us to figure something out on our own. This is why prayer is such an important tool that we are given. We are told to ask for everything and believe that it will be taken care of. The answer won’t always be yes, but no and even not right now. Our culture is overcome with idea of everything being instantaneous. We want what we want and we want it now. This is not necessarily a problem, but now isn’t always God’s timing for His purpose in your life.
Another thing that many people face in today’s generation is temptation. In 1st Corinthians 10:13, Paul tells us that “No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.” In our culture today, we make what is good ugly, and we see sin as beautiful. When did it become acceptable to be so selfish in ourselves and our wants that we shove what we know is not right at the front of our lives? I have heard many pastors preach about temptation during my years of growing up in church, however they tend to simply graze over this verse. Generalizing that God will never give you anything you cannot handle. That is not true though, many people fall into the same temptations that they have been struggling with daily. Without God, nobody can fully over come the evil that has consumed him or her. Yes, the verse does say that God will never give you anything you can’t handle…but it is much deeper than that. He will never give you anything you cannot handle with Him. Paul is not saying that we can easily overcome temptations on our own. It is only through the grace of God that we can truly overcome the addictions and daily temptations in our life. My youth pastor for many years told us constantly to flea like a gazelle from temptations. This could not be more true, why would we want to stay in our same patterns everyday if we know they aren’t Christ-like. We need to stand strong in our faith and believe that with our wonderful Savior anything is possible.

One thing I will urge you to do in a time of needing to know you are not alone is listen to the song by Kari Jobe called I Am Not Alone. I pray that you will read/listen to the lyrics and truly understand that you are NEVER alone in anything you do. http://www.metrolyrics.com/i-am-not-alone-lyrics-kari-jobe.html


Thank you Lord for your blessings on me. I pray that I never take you for granted and that I can continue to grow into the person you want me to be. Help me to become more like you so people can see You in everything I do.

1 comment:

  1. So this was perfection! You're such a great writer. Love you!

    ReplyDelete